Migraine, fever, ankle pain. Previously had green stools.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Migraine for 5 days, fever, intense ankle joint pain. A few days prior XXXXXXX stool.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 25 minutes later

From the symptoms mentioned it seems that you are suffering from a generalized viral illness. Passing XXXXXXX stools, fever,headache and joint pains all seem to be a part of this viral illness. You can continue taking Yaz.

You can start with mild analgesic and antipyretic like tylenol along with aleve that you are already taking. This should take care of most of your symptoms.Take these for at least 5 days continuously if your pains are relieved after first few doses.

These types of viral syndromes typically last from as little as 3 days up to sometimes 4 weeks. I would advise that you support your body with good hydration, adequate sleep, a well-balanced diet and a moderate exercise regimen. Exercise is actually good for the immune system which is why I suggest it here. In addition you can supplement your diet with some Vitamin C - 1000 mg daily and consider drinking some immune boost type of tea such as Echinacea which is readily available at most supermarkets.

I expect your symptoms to gradually level off and improve over the next week. In the event that this does not occur, I suggest you visit with your primary physician for a complete physical exam and possibly some blood work as well.

Get yourself started on the medicines like betablockers or calcium channel blockers if the migraine headache is persistent after consulting your GP.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.