Met with accident. Noticed bruise around neck and hip. Having pain above belly button. Concerned

Neurologist, Surgical
I was the driver in a car accident. The airbag deployed, I have bruises all around my neck. But what scares me is Im having bad pain above the belly button, and a huge bruise on my right side above my hip which is swollen to
And im 115pds and look like I am pregnant...But im not its impossibe
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 19 minutes later
Dear Friend,

Even if air bag deployed, you still could have whiplash injury to neck; so getting XRAY cervical spine is recommended to rule out neck injuries.

As far as pain above belly button, you probably may have had a blunt injury. Therefore you need immediate medical attention. X-ay chest and USG abdomen is in order.

If all the investigations are normal, nothing to worry and analgesics will relieve the pain.

Please proceed to the nearest ER to get the aforementioned tests.

Dr Vineet
Follow-up: Met with accident. Noticed bruise around neck and hip. Having pain above belly button. Concerned 3 hours later
My tummy is so swollen I look primary wants me to have a ct scan on Monday and see her Tuesday....I shouldnt wait...right?
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 2 hours later

I feel you should not wait and get CT scan urgently. It is better to be safe then to repent.

Hope this answers your query.

Dr Vineet