Large red sore on left leg. Purple in colour. Suggest the medication?

Hi I have a. A large. Red. Sore on my left leg. More purple. And is sore
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be a bruise or haematoma

Detailed Answer:
From the description given, it seems you are having a bruise or haematoma. It is basically due to extravasation of blood from blood vessels in tissues. It begins as a red or purple lesion and as the collected blood dissolves, the color of the lesion would change from red to green to yellow and then would eventually disappear.
It could be due to some trauma. This trauma at times could be as trivial as a sneeze or cough or twisted leg etc. Sometimes it can occur due to medicines like aspirin or any blood thinner. Another cause could be platelet disorder. Sometimes in old age it is spontaneous as the blood vessels become fragile.

As you have a single lesion, do not worry. Do ice water compresses over lesion and apply vitamin K based cream or heparin based cream. Even if nothing is done it would resolve in a week or two.

If in case you develop multiple lesions or the lesion seem to progress, please XXXXXXX a doctor nearby.

I would be in better position to answer, if you could attach an image of the lesion.
Hope this helped.