Is pregnancy possible if periods come every two weeks?

Mar 2013
hi my menses now comes every 2 weeks can I fall pregnant. ..
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Since when have you been having this issue of periods twice a month ? Yes, even with such a pattern of cycles, pregnancy can result, if you do not use protection or birth control. Please do mention the dates of your last cycle, and since when is this happening, so that I can guide you further. Looking forward to hearing from you. Take care.
Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible if periods come every two weeks? 6 hours later
I hv always hv irregular menses . i went for scan n everything came out perfect. hv had hormonal test done everying is ok.four years ago I took an overdose of a herbal medicine to help me bleed n I almost bled to death. I was diagnosed with pcos n high prolactin levels. Ever since I hv been put on parlodel for the last year n my menses has become regular. the only problem was because of the herbal medicine my menses never goes away naturally until I hv taken ibufen or any other medication to stop the flow. now last year December my doctor prescribed crysanal naproxen sodium to help with a back ache I was experiencing. n ever since I hv bn having my menses every 2 weeks. n usually goes away after 6 days. do u think I need to see a doctor for a d n c done as I hv trying trying to conceive without a success. im very worried. waiting for your help.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 10 hours later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello again. You have been trying to conceive unsuccessfully, so you should see an Infertility specialist. You should have the following evaluation - 1. FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin, OGTT , DHEAS, free testosterone, Lipid Profile, Fasting Insulin. 2. Baseline pelvic ultrasound scan. Just one course of herbal medication would not cause a lifelong problem. For the prolonged bleeding, there should be some evaluation for conditions like polyp, fibroid, endometrial hyperplasia, Polycystic ovarian syndrome etc. Your ovulation should be profiled by follicular monitoring. Husband's semen analysis should be done. You can take medications such as Clomiphene citrate to help with ovulation, if this fails ( 3 - 6 cycles ), then you can go for laparoscopy to see if the fallopian tubes are open or not. Take regular folic acid supplements. All the best.