Is it possible to have thyroid issues if FT3 and FT4 are normal?

Panel done my tsh is 0.1 and t3 3.6 and t4 1.34 are normal. Im currently having some issues with racing heart upon any type of minimal movement. Any suggestions??? I am 11 weeks post partum and I had hyperthyroid 3 years ago that cleared after a year of PTU. I've taking beta blockers but had to stop because of unsafe drop in blood pressure
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 8 hours later
Brief Answer: T3 toxicosis likely. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, hi! your question has mentioned t3 and t4 but what I think you are talking about free t3 and free t4. if I am right then your TSH is suppressed and ft4 is normal and ft3 is normal as well. 11 weeks post par tum rules out post partum thyroiditis but still it is likely. you will have to wait for another 4 weeks and repeat your thyroid profile and let me know. meanwhile if you can tolerate ciplar 10 mg once or twice a day will control your palpitation. also if you are not feeding the child you can undergo 99 Tc uptake scan for thyroid for the confirmed diagnosis. Regaeds!
Follow-up: Is it possible to have thyroid issues if FT3 and FT4 are normal? 3 hours later
Hi thank u for responding i trued beta blocjers but they made my blood pressure to low 79/55 so i had to stop. I guess i wanted to know is it possible to have thyroid issues if the free t3 and free t4 are normal with low tsh
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 13 hours later
Brief Answer: sub clinical hyperthyroid state. Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX, hi! sorry i mmissed your point. yes it is possible to have thyroid disorder even if FT3 and FT4 are normal. TSH suppressed with t3 t4 normal is a state of subclinical hyperthyroidism and it needs to be attended to. this can be due to thyroiditis which i have already mentioned so you need to wait for 4 weeks and repeat your profile. don't take strong beta blockers but low dose propranolol to suppress palpitation can be tried. get back to me with your reports after 4 weeks and if you are not feeding the baby then get your radio neuclide uptake scan done for thyroid . it will clear the entire picture. Regards!