Having overactive thyroid symptoms. Sore throat, difficulty in swallowing. Treatment to follow?

I have been having overactive thyroid symptoms...itchy skin, thirst, muscle cramps , fatigue, irratability, ceasing of menstruation , sweating profusely, insomnia , hand tremors....all had for a while but it has gotten worse in the last few weeks. I also have a really sore throat and am finding it difficult at times to swallow. I have also been diagnosed with coronary artery spasm a while ago (which i think may be linked). My doctor thought I was just depressed but I insisted he do some more thorough thyroid screening tests when my TSH came back as 0.47 and then 0.29 last month. He rang me yesterday to say he thinks I am sub-clinically hyperthyroid as my thyroid antibody test came back as elevated. I do not know which one is elevated. He is taking things pretty calmly and not rushing any decision about what to do. I am so fed up with his indecsisiveness and feeling terrible and want to know if I should be pushing for more tests. What do you think?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013

You have autoimmune hyperthyroidism with low TSH , with all the symptoms of hyperthhyroidism , i dont know your age , but initial step of clinical + subclinical hyperthyroidism is carbimazole 5 mg thrice daily will resolve all your symptoms , or a beta blocker will help in symptomatic relief.

When your antibodies are positive , we give a trial of carbimazole , if no stabilization of symptoms then next step is radioiodine ablation of thyroid

If that doesnt help , surgery with removal of thyroid gland is the ultimate treatment

Your next step is radioiodine scan of thyroid to see how many hot nodules in thyroid , with starting of carbimazole or propyluracil

Hope this helps