Is excessive sleepiness,thirst and hunger indication of pregnancy?

Mar 2016

I think I could be pregnant but I'm not sexually active. I'm sleepy thirsty and hungry a lot often.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. If you are not sexually active, there are no chance of pregnancy. However, you can undergo one home pregnancy test to clear doubts if you have missed period. Above clinical features are not the definite presentation of pregnancy. They are seen before starting period as PMS (Premenstrual Symptoms) or due to hormonal imbalance, stress, Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD), anemia, over weight etc. Kindly, consult with your healthcare provider or gynecologist regarding this for clinical examination and relevant investigation like ultrasound scan, hormone test, blood sugar etc (if required). In the mean time, you would take healthy diet with low carbohydrate and IRON supplement, drink more water, avoid mental stress, do regular physical exercise to control body weight and take sound sleep always. Hope, above information is quite helpful to you. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen