Is HCG effective for weight loss? Does it interact with Methotrexate, Rituxan?

Question the HCG drops under the tongue work for weight loss.. do they interact w drugs like methetrexate, or rituxin... XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Yes, there has been some success noticed with HCG diet. Though it is not FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approved drug it has been employed by many with good results.

It also has some minor side effects of its own like dizziness, headache, vitamin deficiencies etc.

It may not have specific interactions with the drugs you mentioned above but may aggravate the side effects caused by them like dizziness, headache, swollen and tender gums, decreased appetite, hair loss etc.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.