Inflammation between spaces in L4, L5 & L6 of lumbar spine. Can diclofenec sodium and paracetamol cure it?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
there is inflammation between spaces in L4, L5 & L6 of Lumbar spine. Can Diclofenec sodium and paracetamol cure it?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Inflammation of intervertebral disc spaces can be controlled with mild like diclofenac sodium only upto some extent. Sometimes local cortisone injections are needed to control the symptoms.
Along with that, few life style measures are also necessary to control the symptoms like-
- If the pain is severe, you need bed rest till the pain resolves.
- Get some analgesics prescribed and apply analgesic spray or ointments.
- While resting, keep a pillow under your knees if it doesn't bother you.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects.
- Back strengthening exercises and stretching exercises for your hamstrings daily as advised by a Physiotherapist.
- Avoid exercises in times of pain.
- Improvise your posture while sitting.
- Using an LS contour belt of appropriate size might be helpful in providing support to back muscles.
Also, maintain a proper posture while working, sitting and standing. Keep your back straight. If you work for long hours on the computer.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Inflammation between spaces in L4, L5 & L6 of lumbar spine. Can diclofenec sodium and paracetamol cure it? 4 minutes later
What about paracetamol? Will it help along with Diclofenec Sodium?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Paracetamol will help but it is again having a mild inflammation, these will be helpful. In case the problem is persistent you need to have stronger anti inflammatory drugs along with muscle relaxants prescribed from your orthopedician.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.