Hurt back in a army accident. Having low back pain. Taking tyleol, ibuprofen and naproxen. What to do?

I am a Army Veteran. I hurt my back kind of badly in a vehicle accident in 2008 and its gets worse off and on. I do not qualify for VA disability based upon the % disability awarded upon my discharge and I dont qualify financially for VA healthcare. I struggle, because I am still relatively young and my doctors tell me that lower back pain is what drug seekers use to get narcotics. This is a real life problem for me, i try everything I can to manage the pain, by new mattresses, tyleol, ibuprofen, naproxen, chiropractors, and nothing really helps. Im a 30 year old working professional and ex army captain but I get treated like a drug addict every time i ask a doctor to help me. What do I do?
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later

Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

Chronic low back pain needs to be evaluated. After analyzing your history it seems to be SCIATICA pain, where there will be chronic shooting type of back pain. Hence, I strongly advise you to get radio-logically investigated to know the cause for this back pain, rather than taking on and off pain killers.

I suggest you to approach a PHYSIOTHERAPIST and follow the exercises as advised by them. It is more essential to rule out any compression over any nerves following your accident.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well.

Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile