How to calculate fertile period?

May 2013
Hi, Please see following details I am trying for natural pregnancy(This is my secondary infertility). First one was a normal pregnancy however 10 years back. I had my LMP on Dec 8,2013. I was asked to undergo hysteroscopy on consulting a doctor, I happened to undergo hysteroscopy on day 20 of my cycle. However after that with medication if antibiotic there was bleeding. Generally I heard bleeding would be for 5 days. However I was out of station and contiued to bleed and my bleeding stopped exactly on 7th XXXXXXX 2014(day before yesterday). Now my next cycle was supposed to be 8th XXXXXXX Now I am worried of my cycle. When can I expect my cycle? Even if we want to take a try for natural pregnancy this month, how can I calculate my fertile period.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Track the ovulation Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The length of menstrual cycle can vary from 21 to 35 days. As you had bleeding for around 9 to 10 days, that can be considered as withdrawal bleeding. And again you may not get periods now on 8th. Now you have to consider the first day of your bleeding as last menstrual period. And as you had previous regular periods, track the ovulation with ovulation kit from 12th day of the cycle. If not you can go for follicular study with your doctor's advice. And plan intercourse around the time of ovulation. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: How to calculate fertile period? 26 minutes later
But Isnt it that my bleeding was due to hysteroscopy done on day 20. Then as per yours my LMP must be Dec21, while it actually may not be my periods.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Takes time for regrowth of endometrium Detailed Answer: Hi, In your previous query you told that your last menstrual period was 8th Dec. And you have undergone hysteroscopy on 20th day of your cycle. Then that should be on 27th Dec. And you stated bleeding after that, means possibly on 28th Dec. Though it is not your regular menstrual flow, while bleeding you might have lost the endometrial tissue. So, now the endometrium should regrow and has to undergo follicular and luteal phases to give next menstrual flow. That will usually take around one month. So, because of this I mentioned that you have to take the first day of your bleeding as your last menstrual period date. If you are still having doubt, once go for ultrasound. According to the endometrial thickness and ovarian follicles in ultrasound, we can come to one conclusion regarding the phase of menstrual cycle. Take care.