How can I regain my taste sensation?

Addiction Medicine Specialist
I have limited taste on my tongue ? My M.D. says there is nothing that can be done ?
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Preeti Parakh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Depends on the cause. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic! Loss of taste sensation can be due to many reasons. Usually it is due to adverse effects of medicines, smoking, or vitamin deficiencies. Loss of taste sensation due to all these causes is reversible. Only rarely is it due to irreversible causes like neurological disorders, cancers etc. I shall be able to help you better if you can let me know what your doctor's views are as to the reason for your taste sensation loss. Also please let me know if you are on any medications. Best wishes. Dr Preeti Parakh MD Psychiatry