Hit forehead. Applied ice. Have swelling. Noticed black spots. Suggest?

General Surgeon
Hi, I hit my forehead very hard a week ago, I immediately applied ice and the swelling was minimalized. However, my head still hurts, I'm seeing black spots intermitted, and I'm now nauseas. Is it possible I have a delayed concussion and should go to emergency. I don't have any health insurance and it would cost me a small fortune.

Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you should visit a doctor.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Yes, you should go to ER. Head trauma, even minor can cause some XXXXXXX veins rupture. In such case, bleeding is slow but constant. So in the first few days after a trauma there can be no symptoms at all. Moreover symptoms can appear even 2 weeks after a trauma.
A week is long enough for the superficial injuries to get healed. So if the symptoms like those mentioned by you appear, head CT is necessary to rule out any XXXXXXX brain bleeding.
Nausea is a symptom of increased pressure in the head. So please do not ignore your symptoms and visit ER.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.