Having soreness near breast and armpit. Suggested muscular.Treatment?

I've had sore side near the breast and in the armpit and across my chest. I was examined by a doctor a few months back and he said it was muscular. It has come back, how can I treat this. I do a lot of heavy lifting in my job.
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
NSAID + Tizanidine,Reduce lifting heavy weight

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using XXXXXXX
I went through the query and understood your concern.

1. Since you have 2 curves in the spine and rib cage, due to uneven distribution of weight when you life heavy objects your muscles/ligaments will ache.

For musculoskeletal pain (Pain will be localized and increases on palpation) you can take NSAID like Ibuprofen 400mg/aceclofenac with muscle relaxant like tizanidine / chlorzoxazone once every night before sleeping of if the pain is more twice in a day after consulting your doctor. This will help you in reducing the pain.

You need to do warm up exercise every day before your work and also try to avoid heavy weights as this is the cause for your current problem.

Good you have screened for your breast and PAP smear. Self examination of breast and armpit is required regularly, if you find any lesion then consult your Doctor for further evaluation.

2. If any gastritis problem that will be associated then you can take proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole 40 mg with domperidone one tablet every evening 30 min before food with plenty of fluids, and life style modifications like having more frequent small quantity food once every 3 hours, 30 min walk before bed. This will help for acid peptic disease and for reflux disease.

3. If not relieved with the above measures then I would suggests you to consult your physician once who will be able to evaluate you for your chest pain as there are many other causes of chest pain. You may need few investigations as a part of evaluation your chest pain.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.
If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health.