Having migraine. Getting attacks frequently. Prescribed Fioricet. Should I go see a Neurologist?

Hello, after having Migraines my entire life, recently I noticed a change. The headaches started occurring more often, about every, or every other day. The pain was also very different, more of an extreme pressure feeling. I also started to develop pain in my neck, where my spine meets my skull. I went to my primary Doctor, and was prescribed a cocktail of medications, the only one that worked was Fioricet. After a month, I was still having these extreme headaches, and the Fioricet only helped to subdue the pain. After I ran out of that prescription I went back to the doctor, and she finally ordered an MRI. The MRI came back negative for any acute findings, however It did note a finding of an Incidental Left-Middle Cranial Fossa Cyst. It also lists Lymphoid Hypertrophy in the Posterior Nasopharynx. My doctor refilled my prescription and sent me on my way.

Should I go see a Neurologist? The pain continues, and having a daily headache is degrading my quality of life. I want to get rid of them all together instead of subduing them with pain killers.
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 21 minutes later

The increase in frequency and character of headache calls for re-evaluation of condition. Fortunate that MRI has ruled out a significant and potentially serious intracranial lesion. You should consult a headache specialist / Neurologist who after evaluation may consider preventive drugs also.