Having headache. Cure?

Nov 2013

I am having headache from last three days. I am having pain in left side of the head. Today i got headache where pain is in the right side. One day while i was playing i felt a pain in my head and it is present for minutes and gone.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 22 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

The commonest cause of one sided headache is migraine, which is the most likely cause in your case.

Since you are getting frequent headaches, it may be better to start preventive medications such as flunarizine or Topiramate or beta blockers.

For relief of headache, you may take etoricoxib or rizatriptan tablets.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
Follow-up: Having headache. Cure? 21 hours later
Thanks for the reply. I had met the doctor and doctor asked for CT SCAN and thyroid profile. Docor has given a medicine to be used when u get headache which is for migrane and another tab is also given to be used in night times.

I have a question regarding thyroid profile. Why it will be done. Does MRI is required or when will doctor asks for it. Yesterday i felt like my hand nerves got pulled. Why this will happen.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 47 minutes later
Thank you for getting back with more details.

CT scan would show most of the problems in the brain, such as tumors, large infections, blood clots, sinusitis, etc. So, that is the reason your doctor has asked for it. However, if CT scan is normal, and your headaches continue, then, he may ask for MRI to look for other problems that may get missed on CT, such as small blood clots, minor infections, small tumors, aneurysm, etc.

Thyroid profile is a general test, without any relevance to your current symptoms.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)