What are my chances of healthy pregnancy when there's bleeding but visibility of fetal heart beat?

Mar 2016

Hello, I am pregnant and this is my situation. Last period nov 4th 1st scan dec 13th due to brown bleeding, sac was low but saw fetal heart beat 2nd scan dec 16tj due to red bleeding, doctor did not see heartbeat and scheduled dc for dec 18th. Dr thought would pass on my own Dec 18th, no blood and dr saw heartbeat, baby measured 6 weeks 1 day ( should have been 6 weeks 2 days) Dec 24th, took a while to find heartbeat but there, baby measuring 6 weeks 3 days What are my chances of a healthy pregnancy? Or does this look like a miscarriage? Should I continue the estorgen and progestorone? This is my 2nd pregnancy and the 1st ended in a blightem ovum so concerned that this is chromosomal and cannot carry Also depending on who you speak to I may have a accurate or septate uterus. Doctor says septate, radiologist says accurate
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: YOU HAVE CHANCE OF CARRYING HEALTHY PREGNANCY. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments: 1) Fetal heart beat is a GOOD indicator of healthy pregnancy. As per your last scan report (24th Dec), you CAN CARRY this pregnancy. However, you need to take supportive treatment and some precautions to avoid miscarriage. 2) You should take MICRONISED PROGESTERONE (oral or vaginal tab) instead of combined estrogen and progesterone patch along with FOLIC acid supplements. It will help to SUPPORT your pregnancy and avoid miscarriage. You need to undergo periodic ultrasound scan at 1 to 2 weeks interval till 12 weeks to check fetal well being and overall growth & development. Kindly, consult with your gynecologist regarding this for proper guidance. 3) Uterine malformation like arcuate or septate uterus has greater risk of 2nd trimester miscarriage, malpresentation, premature birth etc. However, it varies from women to women. In recurrent pregnancy loss, surgical treatment can be done through hysteroscopic resection in few cases. 4) Some precautions are to be taken to carry healthy pregnancy like avoidance of heavy work or strenuous activity, lifting heavy objects, long journey, too much ups & downs, sexual intercourse, uneven surface etc. Take healthy protein rich diet and adequate bed rest with slight elevation of foot end by pillow. Drink more water to stay hydrated and for better feto-placental circulation. Hope, I have answered your query with proper guidance. Let me know, if you need any further clarification. Wish your good health and successful motherhood. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: What are my chances of healthy pregnancy when there's bleeding but visibility of fetal heart beat? 1 hour later
Thank you, but is there a concern with the blood clot ( it is currently discolving) and that the growth was only 2 days in 6 days Dec 13th 5 weeks 6 days Dec 18th 6 weeks 1 day Dec 24th 6 weeks 3 days Stoped the estrogen patch just taking progestprone
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. In early weeks of pregnancy, mild spotting or bleeding (with or without small clots) may be seen in few percentage cases. Repeated ultrasound scan, proper medication and complete bed rest are the key treatment to avoid miscarriage or pregnancy related complication. As your last scan (on 24th Dec) was quite fine with positive fetal heart beat, then you shouldn't be worried much. Just follow my previous advices and proceed to next scan as per appointment. Fetal growth or gestational age may be 1 week lag (maximum) in early weeks of pregnancy on ultrasound scan from original gestational age, calculated from LMP. Basically, ultrasound scan gives overall fetal maturity at the time of scanning. It will overcome with the time. Take healthy protein rich diet and drink more water. Hope, it helps for your understanding. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Good luck and all the best. Regards, Dr Soumen