Is Voltaren Emulgel safe when on warfarin and NSAID medicines?
User rating for this question
I have a report on your system. Have been to my doctor and he has put me on - (purchase over the counter) –voltare imogel.-. on the enclosed brochure it states:’’ tell your phamacistif you’re on warfarin, and other NSAID medicines. I’m on warfarin’ I wasn’t aware until I’d purchased and read the inside pamphlet. I have a painful neck,headache (panadal Osteo), and no Other treatment. I have a linament called Elmore oil, which claims to sooth, penetrate and relaxes you.,which it has done.labelled for arthritis,neck and back pain. I’m in a dilemma which product to use. Perhaps you could advise me.. Thank you for your help. Sorry to use this email. Best wishes for the new year.
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....although medical literature does state that there is a chance of interaction between VOLTAREN EMULGEL with WARFARIN,but in reality the chances are very very low. Detailed answer.... Hello, Thanks for the query. VOLTAREN EMULGEL has diclofenac in it as its content and it is known to reduce the stickiness of platelets,which is responsilble for formation of blood clot.Similarly warfarin also reduces platelet stickiness. When both the drugs are used,There can be a risk of bleeding,but as such the amount of DICLOFENAC absorbed from skin is insignificant and hence,in general,it doesn't result in bleeding.But theoretically risk is definitely there although very very low. You can definitely use this gel,but keep in mind about the very low risk of bleeding. ELMORE OIL is a herbal combination of oils like olive,tea tree oil,eucalyptus etc and There is no data available regarding its interaction with warfarin,but otherwise it is a very safe oil to use locally. In my opinion,you may use either of them. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks
People also viewed
- Is voltaren emulgel safe when on warfarin and nsaid medicines
- Is voltaren safe
- Blurry vision, rapid heart rate symptoms
- Are skin rashes symptoms of autoimmune hepatitis?
- What are the symptoms of disorganized schizophrenia?
- Voltaren gel anti-inflammatory nsaids
- Lisinopril with viagra lowers bloodpressure
- Symptoms blurred vision shortness of breath
- Are upper arm bone symptoms of fibrous dysplasia?
- Does cramps, nausea or vomiting signify wheat allergy?
- How to bring your bloospressure down fast
- Voltaren emulgel side effects
- Are unexplained weight loss symptoms of diabetes?
- Dua for heart problem/high bloodpressure
- Can i take voltaren for sore neck while on warfarin