Having constant chronic cough. Do I have asthma? What should I do?

I have a chronic cough that wont go away. Do I have asthma ? Or some other bad desease ? What should I do ?
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 12 minutes later
Thanks for the question.
Chronic cough always needs evaluation. Chronic cough can be caused by multiple causes like infections, tuberculosis, COPD, asthma, allergies, interstitial lung disease etc.
In all such cases investigations like chest x-ray, sputum culture, PFTs and sometimes CT scan or biopsy of lung may be needed.
It would be ideal if you visit a chest specialist and get the investigations done.
Hope this answers your question.
Follow-up: Having constant chronic cough. Do I have asthma? What should I do? 11 minutes later
Where should I go to get this check up done in Delhi ?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 7 minutes later

You can get it done at any multispeciality hospital nearby.

Few of them are -
Hindu XXXXXXX Hospital
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital
Safdarjung Hospital