Have sneezing problem followed by loss of voice, no throat pain. Easy way to get cure?

ENT Specialist
i keep having sneezing attacks in the morning then after i have lost y voice.

my throat doesnt hurt i just cant talk.

why would this be?
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding bouts of sneezing followed by loss of voice, though your throat doen't hurt.

Your these symptoms indicates that you are suffering from Allergic Rhinitis With Laryngitis. Due to allergic attack nose gives out watery discharge and bouts of sneezing and at the sametime your vocal cords gets thicken due to allergic oedema.

There is no permanent treatment for allergy but there are treatment to controll it.You may take-

(a) Cetrizine (10 mg) daily in the seasion in which you get allergi episodes.

(b) Steroidal nasal spray wiil aslo do the same work.

(c) You may go for skin test for the identification of allergen and thanafter desesatization by suitable vaccine.

I hope this will help you.