Have slight fever and headache. Taken calpol. Should I take any alternate medication?

Feb 2013

Hey. I have a slight fever and a bad headache. I have taken calpol( paracetomol) tablet. Fever has reduced but I am still not feeling well. My head feels heavy when walking around. Should I be taking any other medications?
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 17 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

For fever and headache you can take paracetamol tablet every 8th hourly in prescribed dosage. Take proper rest and adequate amounts of oral fluids and soft diet to maintain proper hydration and nutrition.

At present paracetamol tablet is sufficient and if you develop any new symptoms or fever and headache is persisting, then other symptomatic medication and antibiotic may be required.

Hope I answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.