Have severe osteoporosis on Bovia. Hematologist report show hallmarks for Lupus. Guidance

I have had very up and down counts with my platelets for years. Go back and forth to the hematologist, this time his blood test indicate normal platelet count, so he did coagulation tests and Von Will brand tests. All came back normal in addition he tested for XXXXXXX antibodies results: XXXXXXX TITER = 1:160 ,Double stranded DNA antibodies positive value is 22 XXXXXXX pattern: speckled.

In addition I have very severe osteoporosis on BOVIA , FUCHS corneal dystrophy, arthritis ( documented by rheumatologist), CONTROLLED HIGH BLOOD PRESSURVERY SORE JOINTS WITH STIFFNESS AND PAIN.
Brother died from Wegners Granulomas

Impression from hematologist is that I have the hallmarks for Lupus.

What is your opinion

Thank you,

RH factor is 10 normal
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 hours later

The XXXXXXX titers show that you have Lupus.
In addition, DNA antibodies positive is characteristic of SLE.

I would like to know, do you have any symptoms of lupus, which include,

1. photosensitivity
2. recurrent oral ulcer.
3. joint pains.

Let me know so I can help you better.

Thank you
Follow-up: Have severe osteoporosis on Bovia. Hematologist report show hallmarks for Lupus. Guidance 6 hours later
Thank for your reply.

I wear upper and lower dentures which do not fit perfect on the bottom, which has been for years. In the past 1 month I had oral ulcers in my mouth on the bottom, which is now healing.

Joint pain is almost always. The severity of it, comes and goes but can last for a couple of weeks.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Thanks for the follow up,
Your symptoms and antibody titres are suggestive of SLE.

I would request you to get the XXXXXXX titres as well as DNA antibodies test repeated once, as we always look for rise in titres to assess disease severity.

If there is rise in titres, SLE can be confirmed and treatment can be started.

Thank you