Have red bump on corona. Could this be HSV-2?

Hi I have a red bump on my corona. it does not itch, tingle, or hurt. Could this be HSV-2, would a blood test be able to determine this?
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Herpes simplex is one of the sexually transmitted disease. Genital herpes is a very common disease caused by herpes virus type2. It results in small, very painful blisters (fluid is inside the lesion) genital irritation, itching, they burst into the sores turns into crust, that scab and heal in about 3 weeks.
Lack of pain, itching and clear fluid make diagnosis of genital herpes very unlikely.
A physical examination by a dermatolgist preferrably, shall orient the type of test to be asked, or at times, if its a chronic none specific skin irritation, simple local treatments even without blood tests could be sufficient.
I humbly think you book an appointment with your dermatologist.
Thanks and hope this helps. Would be glad to answer any further questions if need be.
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.