Have problems in erection

i never had an erection problem but from last 1 week i m having problem in erection.Please advice
Posted Fri, 21 Sep 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 27 hours later

Thanks for the query in XXXXXXX

Erectile dysfunction can be caused by two major causes.

1. Physical - Due to physical factors like hormonal deficiency, obesity, smoking, diabetes etc

2. Psychological - Most common at your age; Stress, Performance anxiety, guilt about any other sexual activity can contribute to this.

Since your erectile problem acute and your age is below 30, it could be mainly due to psychological reasons. Any physical ailments can decrease the libido as well as decrease in testosterone level. It would be better your hormonal status may be assessed.

I would suggest the following:

1. Involve yourself in anti stress activities like meditation, yoga and pranayama.

2. If these do not help, you can take Phosphodiesterase inhibitors like tadalafil can boost your confidence for erectile dysfunction. These are prescription drugs and I would suggest you see your physician for the same.

3. Sex Therapy: Sex Therapy is an effective method of desensitizing fear or performance anxiety. Sex Therapy can be provided by a Sexual Medicine consultant or Sex Therapist. Consider visiting at your location.

I hope I have addressed your concerns in detail. Still, I would be available for follow ups.

Wish you healthy sexual life

Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine
Follow-up: Have problems in erection 1 hour later
Can i try viagra or viagra jelly?
Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 10 hours later
Hi there,

Viagra (Sildenafil) is given for physical cause of erectile dysfunction. If you have stress or any other illness, you may experience difficulty in getting erection which is normal. You can definitely try with viagra which is a prescription medicine and it shall not cure your problem but effective for temporary relief. You need to find out the root cause and that need be treated for the cure of your problem