Have problem of hair breakage and hair is very thin. Baldness on scalp. Use mintop solution. Would stem cell be effective?

hello doctor. I am 34 yrs female..i have a problem of hair breakage and my hair is very thin..and also some baldness on scalp..I have done 9 sitting of meso scalp but not very happy with the treatment..I use mintop solution at night and also take amino fit and XXXXXXX glow XXXXXXX since 6 months now..but hasnt really helped from 15-20%..Pls suggest if stem cell would be effective for volume??
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Though experimental, Stem cell are promising.

Detailed Answer:
Thinning of hairs, baldness & hair breakage is definitely a point of concern. It should be taken care of earliest.
* Your first problem is breakage of hairs. Hair breakage is to be prevented, rather than treated.
- Rough combing or curly hairs break with a hurried & rough combing. This needs to be avoided.
_ Nutritional deficiencies make the hairs ill, & they break easily. You need to add certain nutrients to your diet, to make up the deficiency.
Vitamins B, E, Iron, Zink, and Sillica are the nutrients to be supplimented.
You can add sunflower seeds, Almonds, Walnuts & dark green leafy vegetables to your diet.
- Avoid chemical treatments of hairs. Frequent treatments with prolonged application damage the hairs...
- Hot hair blow damages the hairs.
* Secondly you are worried about thinning of hairs & baldness.
The first thing to do is to find out the cause of the problem. Please consult a skin specialist; He will get you investigated to exclude certain causative conditions like -
Skin problems affecting the scalp, Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, certain allergies & autoimmune conditions. & after finding the cause the proper treatment will be started.
- Poor nutrition (Like breakage of hairs) &water pollution are to be taken care of by you.
* Treatment - You say you have tried many things for baldness But I would like to suggest, Local corticosteroid injections, local immunosuppressents,Hormonal modulations like oral contraceptives or androgens to combat female type of baldness.
Control of specific cause, if any would definitely help.
- Surgical treatment by follicular transplant is possible
For best results an expert advice for exact choice of treatment is essential.
- As for Stem cell transplant, it's still in experimental stage. The results are encouraging. & we can hope for stem cell transplant as a good remedy for baldness.
I hope you are satisfied with the answer. I will be pleased to help you for further query ,if you have any.

Follow-up: Have problem of hair breakage and hair is very thin. Baldness on scalp. Use mintop solution. Would stem cell be effective? 14 minutes later
Thanks Dr vasundha for your revertal.

Diet - yes I do include flax seeds,almongs,figs in my diet. salads I need to increase my intake. due to corporate lifestyle i hapn to travel between mumbai and bangalore every alternate week. I dont do blow dry for my hair. my hair is absloutely staright but yes freezy as well I do keratin treatmetn every 6 months to manage the hair with hectic lifestyle. As i said in my ealrier query I do take Aminofit and Keraglow XXXXXXX since last 6 months. Pls suggest if same can be continue and also recommend genuine clinic in mumbai for stem sell treatment..

Thank you

I am also unmarried so no such medication or injectable are taken..
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Diet suppliments/ E XXXXXXX of transplant centers

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for follow up query.
The Aminofit you are taking is an amino acid extract & is good for health.
It's good you are taking Keraglow XXXXXXX to combat adverse effects due to your hectic life style.
* Still I feel few nutrients for hairs are missing. Few Vitamin B components like pyridoxin, Inocitol Vitamin E, Beta keratin need to be supplemented. You can take them as a pill form or in natural form.
Sprouts, will give you vitamin B complex as a whole& Vitamin E as well.
Wheat germ oil has Inocitol
Honey provides Vitamin E.
* The Stem cell treatment is done at Jaslok hospital, Tata memorial hospital.
But when I tried to trace centers for stem cell transplants for hairs I could find a couple of them they are-
1) WWW.WWWW.WW 2) www.hotfrog.
3) WWW.WWWW.WW 4)Baldness centre in Mumbai & Delhi-
Please contact online & enquire.
I guess that satisfies you. Any further query is welcome.
Follow-up: Have problem of hair breakage and hair is very thin. Baldness on scalp. Use mintop solution. Would stem cell be effective? 15 hours later
Good morning Doctor !

thank u for revertal.

2 things

1. Pls suggest supplement for deficiancy as mentioned above..I do eat nuts and take lemon and honey in hot water in morning..Pls advise if any additional supplement requirement for vitamin B, E and beta keratin

2. I googled centres for stem cells but havent come across genuine clinics when read reviews..Jaslok and Tata are the ones who stores stem cells but I dont think they have such procedures..if you can suggest an aesthetic clinic or a brand chain would be great.

thank u

regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 3 hours later
Brief Answer:,www. Dr batra' WWW.WWWW.WW
Detailed Answer:
Happy to hear from you again. I am also impressed by your sincerity &
Keenness About your problem, I am sure this attitude will help you in
removal of the same.
1. About the food supplements you are already taking most of the needful. Only few things which remain are-
-VitaminB6 (Pyridoxine) - present in all B complex preparations,
- In sprouts. (One serving of sprouts daily offers sufficient
B6 & Vitamin E.
-Potato, Banana, Redbell pepper, garlic is natural sources.
-Inocitol- You can get it in wheat germ oil, Banana, brown rice.
-Betakerotin (pre Vitamin A) - present in all dark colored
Vegetables & fruits are XXXXXXX in betakerotine (Carrots, pumpkin, Papaya, sweet potato,
Spinach (Half glass of carrot juice without milk daily is ideal).
All of these help new hair growth. Vitamin E & Betakerotin are antioxidants .So in addition they prevent hair damage
2. As I have mentioned earlier, Stem cell transplant is yet under experimentation. Human transplants are tried in very few places. To recommend a particular place is difficult.
Still you can try & Google the sites below.
a) DR Madhu- hair transplant surgeon in Hyderabad.
WWW.WWWW.WW b) www.Dr Batra's .com Hair treatment being done for many years. They also use Homeopathy
I hope this serves your purpose.
Any other query is welcome.
Wish you all the best!
Thank you.