Have pain above waist running from side around back. Had flu, have low estrogen and torn muscles

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a pain on the left side above my waist running from side around my back about a hand width. Had a bad flu a week or so prior to this . No pain if I'm sitting still but painful at other times. I am 60- have very low estrogen and have torn several muscles in recent times. Not sure if this is a muscular pain
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Moustafa Saeed 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be muscular

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your question

The pain you are describing can be muscular pain, especially that it comes on movements and settles while sitting still.

It also could be coming from your spine.

Other causes could be, it might be coming from your bowels or kidney but in such cases it will not be related to movements.

I will recommend that you try simple analgesia, but if it is getting worse or if you feel unwell in yourself with fever or tiredness or short of breathing then see your doctor urgently.

Hope this answers your questions. Please do write back if you need any further clarifications.