Have neck stiffness, regular backache. Sperm motility test done. What could be the reason and are the reports normal?

Question
hi.. My sperm count is 70.2 million/ml and sperm motility is progressive motile is 62% and non motile is 38 % and 25% abnormal forms of sperms. This data is of 2010 now I am 33 years old weight is 78 kgs and height is 173 cms. serum testosterone is 31.32 nmol/l. I ejacuate in 3-4 minutes and could not retain hardness for long.
I neck has stiffness for 2-3 years and have regluar backache.

Posted Thu, 7 Jun 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later

Motility is the percentage of moving sperm in a sample and an evaluation of their rate and direction of travel. At least 50% should be motile one hour after ejaculation and it is more than 50% in your case which is normal. Regarding the sperm motility, A normal sample should have at least 15% normal forms and you are having 75% normal forms which is again considered normal.

Usually in such cases, we do another semen test after four to six weeks to see whether sperm quality has improved on its own. If there are still large numbers of abnormal sperm or a low sperm count, then we check for any infection. Since this report is of 2010, you can get another semen analysis done.

Since you ejaculate in 3-4 minutes, it is most likely due to premature ejaculation. For the same, try following these treatment options:

1)     Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a XXXXXXX breath and stay relaxed during intercourse.

2)     Also do not worry about performance and talk to your partner openly about any apprehensions if you have.

3)     Other treatment methods which can be followed are stop-start or squeeze-pause technique. In stop start technique, near ejaculation withdraw from your partner and relax and think about something else. In squeeze- pause technique, squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute.

4)     If the symptoms persist then SRRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) may need to be prescribed for which you have to consult a urologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Follow-up: Have neck stiffness, regular backache. Sperm motility test done. What could be the reason and are the reports normal? 2 days later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX

I have stiffness in my neck and back and feel congestion in the chest as well if I intake sazo 500 and indocap SR I feel better. Also note that I have swelling in veins in my penis(could make out because it is very prominent and thick). Please advise if I need to consult any doctor physically as of now I am in Surat. If I keep on sitting in a position for sometime I feel numbness in part of the body on which pressure occurs.

Thanks and Regards

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 10 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

If you are benefiting from Sazo and having stiffness in neck and back, then any connective tissue disorder and rheumatoid arthritis are the first possibilities that come to mind. Sazo is the brand name; the name of the medicine is sulphasalazine. It is used in the treatment of ulcerative colitis, Crohns disease and Rheumatoid arthritis not responding to other drugs.

I suggest you to consult a rheumatologist and get your RA factor and XXXXXXX levels checked.

Some people have prominent veins in penis and there is nothing wrong about it. If it is abnormally swollen or thick then Mondor's disease is a likely possibility. In Mondor’s disease, there is swelling of a veins under the skin of the breast and penis which is caused by a blood clot and is due to superficial thrombophlebitis. It can happen due to circulatory system conditions as well.

You should get a Doppler ultrasound and a physician examination done from a urologist in that case.

Follow-up: Have neck stiffness, regular backache. Sperm motility test done. What could be the reason and are the reports normal? 8 minutes later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX

Sorry to bother you again. As per the above can you please advise me the Doctor or the labs in Surat wherein I can go and get the treatment or tests done.

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

You can get these tests done at any good lab or Lal path labs or Ranbaxy labs in Surat. Regarding doctors, you can consult any of these doctors in Surat by opening these links:

For urologists: WWW.WWWW.WW
For orthopedic surgeon and rheumatologist: WWW.WWWW.WW
Hope this answers your query.