Have high level of anti tpo. Will udimarin forte help to reduce the level?

Sep 2012

hi i have a high level of anti tpo of 1000 my doctor suggested that i take udimarin forte
will this reduce the anti tpo level
Posted Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later
Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, anti TPO antibody is the antibody formed against the thyroid peroxidase enzyme. Its increased level is seen in Hushimoto’s thyroiditis which is an autoimmune disease which leads to hypothyroidism. This high level of antibody explains the higher level of TSH. For this condition, just continue the thyroxine supplement and consult with your treating doctor for an ultrasound scan of thyroid to rule out any other disease condition.

Now, the drug udimarin forte is a liver protecting agent. It prevents hepatocellular injury and enhances the liver functioning.

As you are telling the history of weight loss, your doctor has prescribed this. Yes, it can improve the situation. But, I think you need more investigation to rule out any other possibility.

Look, these symptoms in this age group arises some suspicion about diabetes or any chronic inflammatory condition or other diseases. As you have mentioned a high HbA1c in August, then it would be better for you to do a fasting and post prandial blood glucose test.

In this mean time, you should take a balanced nutritious diet, some fresh fruits, continue the medicines prescribed by your treating doctor.

Lastly, you should consult with your treating doctor about the points I have mentioned for further management.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Follow-up: Have high level of anti tpo. Will udimarin forte help to reduce the level? 5 minutes later
my sugar level for the last 2 months are normal
its that i am concerned about my stomach the constipation problem that i have and do i have to continue with this thyroid tablet life long
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 24 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

If your blood sugar level is within normal limit, then stomach problem, constipation can give rise to weight loss. But this level of weight loss still very suspicious. I think, you should be examined clinically for presence of any sign of any other problem. Take high fiber diet. If the constipation does not go away, you should visit a gastroenterologist for this. Because in this age, a sudden onset constipation with this type of weight loss may be alarming.

Regarding the thyroid tablet, you have to take it for the rest of your life.