Given laxative fluid by the anus for constipation. Any suggestion?

Hello, yesterday night I went to hospital because I had severe constipation. I couldn't poop no more. They gave me some laxative fluid by the anus, then it worked, I emptied myself at the bathroom. However, today, I ate, and here I am again, I am full and I can't poop, it hurts my lower back and I feel very not comfortable. It's very late here, I can't go to sleep, I might think my bowel movement is fucked up.

I need some help, doctors over here are real beginners
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 2 hours later

Thanks for contacting XXXXXXX

It will help to know if this constipation is of recent onset or of long standing duration.

Are you taking some medications that can cause constipation or reduced bowel movements. I think you should see a local gastroenterologist who can evaluate you properly.

Meanwhile you can use over the counter laxatives, that should be available from your local pharmacy, for symptomatic relief.

Hope my suggestions help you. You can get back to me if you have any further queries.

Best wishes.

Dr Dinesh Singal
Follow-up: Given laxative fluid by the anus for constipation. Any suggestion? 17 hours later
Hello, I went to hospital and waited over 12 hours. They prescribed me Dioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate and Jamp-Senna. However, I am very constipated now so I went to the pharmacy and bought a product called citro mag.

I am waiting for results

Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 4 hours later
Since the laxatives are not having a desired effect and you seem to be having an acute onset constipation, my advice is that you should see a physician or a gastroenterologist at the earliest. He can examine you and advise you proper remedy.
Best wishes.
Dr Dinesh Singal