Have been taking losartan. Want to stop. Can I just stop or is it a gradual process?

I have been taking losartan and would like to stop. Can I just stop or is it a gradual process? I will be seeing my md at the end of the week.
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 34 minutes later
Hi. I would not advice you to stop Losartan without seeing your doctor first. Losartan is an antihypertensive agent and stopping it would cause your blood pressure to raise. If you are not comfortable with it you can discuss with your doctor to change it to another anti hypertensive agent.

Dr om lakhani. MD