Suggest medications for hypertension?

Hello Sir,
Please suggest some medicine for Hypertension,
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later

There are various class of anti hypertensive drugs. They are prescribed depending on the blood pressure recorded and medical illness present.

If there are no renal problems and chronic cough, then Angiotension 2 receptor blocker such as telmisartan is my favorite. Other widely used drugs are calcium channel blocker such as amlodepine and angiotension converting enzyme inhibitor such as losartan.

You can consult your doctor nearby and discuss about these drugs. He/she can accordingly monitor the antihypertensive management. In the mean while continue yoga and meditation which have positive implications on blood pressure.

Hope this answers. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Best Wishes