What are round pills,one with letter D and number 28 and the other with number 627, used for?

Good morning. I found a couple of pills that I believe my son had, and I was curious what they were. Both are round, one has the letter D and under the midline is 28 and the other is AN and 627 below the midline.
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Tramadol 50 mg and hydrochlorothiazide 50 mg Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. The round pill with the alphabet D and the number 28 is most probably the drug hydrochlorothiazide which is a diuretic drug having the dosage of 50 mg. And the other round pill with the alphabets AN and the number 627 is most probably a pain management medication called tramadol with a dosage of 50 mg. I hope you find my response helpful sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to be of assistance. Best wishes.