Have been bleeding rectally, tried Prep H but no help. On hypertension medicine. Suggest?

I have been bleeding rectally x3wks, I believe it to be hemroids and have tried Prep H which did nothing, I also tried ice pack which helped temporarily. The thing is the last couple of days I have been really tired and SOB. Could my HH be droping? I feel stupid going to the ER for this but I do not have a regular MD. I am 64 with a hx of CAD, MI, HTN. I take HTN med only. Anything else I can try at home?
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hemorrhoids or anal fissures

Detailed Answer:

Most common causes of rectal bleeding is hemorrhoids or anal fissures . You should be examined by doctor to make a diagnosis . There are severe stages of hemorrhoids which require surgery to stop the bleeding . Its a simple short procedure called banding .

You can do some home remedies in the meantime . Avoid constipation and use a stool softener . Sit in a tub of hot water and it will reduce the swelling . Apply Anovate cream locally as it's a steroid to reduce the inflammation . I do suggest you see your doctor for a proctoscopy first .

Don't stop the Hypertension medications.