Have abdominal pain due to seat belt injury and misplaced rib shown in Xray. What could be the cause for blood in urine?

I was in a auto accident 7 days ago. I have had pain in my lower abdomen due to seatbelt injury. 2 days ago I start noticing blood when I go pee accompanied by pain as well as being nauseous. The day after the accident I had a CT scan which looks ok. And Xrays show misplaced rib. What could this be causing the bleeding?
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Misplaced rib not the cause Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It is very unfortunate that you suffered from an accident. Here are my suggestions to you 1. Please go back to your physician immediately, blood in urine is mostly likely because of trauma to the kidneys. Another Ct abdomen might be required 2. The nausea could be because of the pain itself. I suggest you take tab paracetamol 500 mg for the pain and also tab ondansetron for the nausea 3. I suggest you get a complete blood count, renal function test and serum electrolytes as well Please do not ignore this any further I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards