Had laparascopy for endo and hysteroscopy for firbriod removal. Another surgery required?

hello doctor , i had laparascopy for endo and hysteroscopy for firbriod removal three month ago, i went in for three month post surgery last week thursday. inother to start iui treatment,my fertility doctor did not examine , and conclude that i need another hysteroscopy surgery this month after my mensural period, please advise me on what to do.
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 41 minutes later

Before answering the query i need some clarification.
Could you please let me know the following:
1. What were the findings on laproscopy?
2. What are the findings on hysteroscopy? Number and size of fibroid?
3. Are your menstrual cycles normal.? If so for how long?

Waiting for your reply.
Dr Nilofer
Follow-up: Had laparascopy for endo and hysteroscopy for firbriod removal. Another surgery required? 4 hours later
pre operative diagnosis ;infertility , fibriod , endometriosis,procedure performed hysteroscopic myomectomy, laparoscopic myomectomy, hysteroscopy operative. laparascopy for endometriosis stage 4 , he said no more endometriosis that he clear everything.

hysteroscopy myometomy for submucos fibriod i have 3 but 2 were remove according to doctor is close to were baby developed one is 4cm second 3cm , 1cm,two weeks post sugery we had a discussion , he said he remove 4cm , 3cm. he did not touch the 1cm because their is no need he told that my pathology report is he want me to have second hysteroscopy surgery to have a look.and see if anything left.
Menstrual is normal i bleed for 5days not too heavy better than before no too much pain , am expecting my third menstraul cycle tomorrow .
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 6 hours later
Thanks for your reply.

Hysteroscopic removal of fibroid is always indicated before starting infertility treatment.

You doctor is taking you in a right direction. Follow your doctor's advice on hysteroscopy.

Chances of pregnancy with IUI after removal of fibroid is as high as 18-20%.

Since your menstrual cycles are regular and you being just 32 years , chances of pregnancy are high.
So relax .

Here are few recommendations to still improve your chances of pregnancy:
1. If you are overweight, reduce your weight at-least by 5%. Ideal BMI is 18-24.
2.Keep yourself active, engage in moderate exercise.
3 Have a healthy balanced diet with lots of fruits and vegetables.
4 Start taking folic acid tablets. You need Tablet folic acid 5 mg 1 tablet daily,
5 have a positive attitude and stress free lifestyle.

Hope this helps.
Wish you good luck and take care.
Dr Nilofer
Thanks ,
doctor you mean i can go for the second time hysteroscopy surgery , hope is not going to affect my fertility . Am worry becase i do hear some doctors say try to aviod second surgery,; please advise me; i need to have baby .rightnow have no baby only two miscarriage last year. Rightnow am taking folic acid tablet 1mg perday and prenatal vitamin , also omega3 fish oil, coQ10 100 mg twice per day.Thanxs i appreciate you
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 9 minutes later

Treatment of submucous fibroid definitely increases your chances of conception.
Second time hysteroscopic surgery will not do any harm since it is a minimal invasive procedure.
Its better if you get your submucous fibroid removed.

Continue folic acid 1mg /day and other tablets.

Wish you good luck,

Dr Nilofer