Can I get pregnant when fibroid is seen in uterus or should I go for surgery?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
Is a surgery a must for a fibriod 6x8 x 7.3 x 5.6 . Report says large anterior lower uterine segment cavitary fibriod is seen. Can i still get pregnant ?
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 minute later
Hi, It is better to get the fibroid of the uterus removed, especially if the size is what you have mentioned. This is a relatively larger fibroid. Also, it would increase your chances of getting pregnant, if the fibroid is removed. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: Can I get pregnant when fibroid is seen in uterus or should I go for surgery? 5 minutes later
Correction report say there is a cavitary anterior lower level uterine segmrnt fibrioid measuring 4.9x3.5 cm is the surgery a must what will happen if i get pregnant without the surgery

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 days later
Brief Answer: Thank you for getting back. Detailed Answer: There are two options for you: 1. You can get it removed by non-surgical methods, such as HIFU-MR, where the fibroids can be removed with the help of MRI guided ultrasound techniques. 2. You can leave it and go for pregnancy. Small fibroids as in your case may not interfere with pregnancy in most cases. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM