What is the remedy to treat lower stomach ache because of thick fibroid wall?

Excellent

Question
Hi i am a 32 year old woman. After my heavy period about a week later i get real bad pain in stomach (lower area). I have had a laporoscopy and the doctor has said its a thick fibroid wall. I get debilitating pain. Is there anything i can do to ease the pain. Thanks in advance
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Try some pain meds for now but consider surgery Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this severe and debilitating pain. For now it would be advisable to try some pain medications like paracetamol and Ibuprofen. More powerful medications can only be obtained with a prescription and only your Doctor can do that. Because this pain is caused by a fibroid, and also seen the reported heavy periods, I think you should strongly consider getting the fibroid removed. Otherwise, all these measures would only provide temporary relief and not a complete cure. These symptoms constitute valid reasons for a surgical treatment unless there is a condition that prohibits surgery at this moment. Please, clearly ask your OBGYN about this. I hope you find this response helpful. I wish you well and hope you soon get a permanent treatment for this condition. Thanks you so much for using our services and please feel free to request for more information and clarifications if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: What is the remedy to treat lower stomach ache because of thick fibroid wall? 3 minutes later
I heard that pregnacy can cure this? Is this true?

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: NO Detailed Answer: Pregnancy is not and has never been a cure for fibroids. Fibroids can rather make becoming pregnant difficult and complicate a pregnancy. The best action is to get the problem addressed. Treatment of symptomatic fibroids is surgical. I hope you really get to consider this strongly and look into the possibility of getting this treated once and for all. I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: What is the remedy to treat lower stomach ache because of thick fibroid wall? 1 minute later
Ok thanks

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you so much, too! Detailed Answer: I am humbled to know we have been of help to you this day. Thank you so much for this opportunity you have offered me this day to participate in your health care issues. I wish you well. Feel free to direct future queries to me if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.