Had a pacemaker, bump below incision. Also have sick sinus syndrome and sinus bradycardia. MRSA?

Cardiologist, Interventional
I had a pacemaker put in 7 weeks ago. right below the incision I have a bump like a pimple with a white middle. The carologist looked at it and said she did not want to touch it. that was 2 weeks ago and it is still there. I was afraid it was mrsa but she assured me it wasn't. What do you think it might be?
my age is 69 I am a female height is 5'7" weight is 171. I have had afib for 19 years and it now have been diagnosed with sick sinus syndrome and sinus bradycardia plus the afib.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Follow-up: Had a pacemaker, bump below incision. Also have sick sinus syndrome and sinus bradycardia. MRSA? 3 minutes later
the "pimple has been there for almost the entire 7 weeks since the implant of the pacemaker and has not really changed.
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 29 hours later

I fully appreciate your concern. As an infection at pace maker site, it is one of the major concerns though it need not be MRSA (Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus). But considering that it has been there for sometime without any systemic symptom it is less likely to be infection. As your cardiologist suggested one should not touch or break. If it starts discharging or becomes painful or you have fever, it needs to be reviewed by physician or surgeon.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.