Had PRK surgery done. Is there a difference between lotemax and lotemax gel?

Hello I have a question for an eye doctor. Is there a difference between Lotemax and Lotemax gel? I have been using Lotemax for the past 10 days after PRK surgery and everything was going okay until earlier today when I dropped the bottle when it was open. The dropper tip was probably contaminated and just to be safe I am going to stop using that bottle.
I have samples of Lotemax gel from the doctor, but the actual prescription he gave me was not for the gel but just regular Lotemax. I have a refill for the Lotemax but it is going to cost me $45 U.S. Can I skip the refill and just use Lotemax gel after using Lotemax. I am supposed to use Lotemax for another 20 days.
Should I get a refill for the Lotemax, or can I just use the samples of Lotemax gel instead. I am currently using the drops 3 times a day and I am about to miss a dosage until the pharmacy opens. If I have to get a refill on the Lotemax then I will, but I prefer not to if I can use Lotemax gel samples.
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
Welcome back again.
lotemax drop and gel have a small difference that is the medium being gel the efficacy is more.
There difference is not enough to spend 45$.You can safely use the gel and that is why you were given the samples in the first place.
Continue with Lotemax gel as long as it lasts and is necessary.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.