Got operated for tumor, after wards again diagnosed with tumor and treated. Had normal pregnancy. Chances of cancer?

Mar 2013
hello sir/madam, my aunt (now aged about 58) was gone for operation of tumour in the year 1992. After her marriage in 1989 when she was not pregnant then she examined and diagnosed with that tumour(it is not known to me the exact location of those tumour and also whether there were two tumours or cysts because all her medical records of that time has been lost. there were two tumours ). But after the removal of those tumours by surgery she became pregnant in the same year and had a girl child. Now she is not having any problem but I am afraid that is there any chance of coming back of that tumour ? Or is there any chance of any serious condition in future due to the past ? Please help me sir / madam. Although as far as I know this case of my aunt is not cancer (Most likely those tumours were not cancers because we have not told like that by then doctors). But is there any chance of cancer due to this ??? Is there any chance that those tumours may have been come back during the past 20 years and may be converted to cancer ???
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
As you can very well understand, you have no details of the tumours that your aunt had.
ALso, whether they were in the uterus or ovaries.
Most cyst, tumours and growths occur during the reproductive age group as the hormonal effects are high during that time.
99 % of these are hormonal related, and are benign, quite harmless when removed.
After the surgical removal of the tumours, your aunt successfully had pregnancies and is now 58 without any complications.
Hence, the likelihood is remote that those tumours were malignant.
I would reassure you and ask you not to worry as there is NO CHANCE that those tumours would lead to a possibility of cancer at this age now.
Of course, having more details of the past would help , but that seems impossible now.
At 58, please take her to a gynecologist for the following - XXXXXXX examination - per vaginam and per speculum
Pap smear testing
Complete breast examination
Whole abdomen and pelvic ultrasound.
I would have recommended this workup even otherwise, even if she had no past history of pelvic tumours.
Once these reports are normal, and your aunt is fairly healthy without any symptoms, I would ask you to stop thinking about the tumours in the past.
Please do not stress out about this, as the chances of cancer are very very remote in this scenario.
All the best.
Please feel free to ask any further follow up questions.