Why am I experiencing severe pain during periods ?

hi. i am 32 yrs oldlady wth no medical treatment bt i get severe pain during my periods since many years. kindly suggest some remedy.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. This pain during menstrual cycles is called dysmenorrhea. It can be of two types; primary and secondary. Primary dysmenorrhea is seen within 2 years of onset of menstruation and stays for 1 to 2 days of each cycle. The secondary dysmenorrhea is due to pelvic inflammatory disease, fibroids, endometriosis (abnormality of lining of uterus), pelvic tumors, and intra uterine device (like copper-T) etc. You should consult gynecologist for internal examination and other test needed to detect it's cause. Till that time try dietary modifications (to increase protein and decrease sugar and caffeine intake),vitamin supplements, regular exercise, keeping a heating pad across the abdomen or taking a hot bath or shower.

Hope it helps you. Regards.