Had back ache and hip pain after lifting weight and running. Feel bloted. Done with trans vaginal ultrasound. What else can this be?

Dec 2012

I am54 years old. Had very bad back ache, ovarian and hip pain after lifting weights and running. Also, I feel bloated. Could the exercise have caused these symptoms? Have had A-125 and transvaginal ultrasound performed. Awaiting results. What else could this be other than ovarian cancer?
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am Dr. Nsah and I am pleased to assist you.

Well your back pain, pelvic pain (what you term ovarian pain) and hip pain could be as a direct result of lifting weights and running if the symptoms came up only after the lifting.
But if you had been experiencing these pains especially the pelvic pain, then you might be suffering from a pelvic diseases such as acute PID, UTI, pelvic tumors (could be from uterus, ovaries, cervix etc). These of course will need to be confirmed after a doctor (or gynobs) must have examined you, requested some laboratory tests/pelvic ultrasound.
From your description one could only suspect one of the numerous causes of your symptoms.
Please just hold on for the results to be out, and maybe the cause of your problems can be determined. Your results could come out clear and that will imply probably that your pains could be related to your weight lifting and so you will likely require to take antiinflammatory pain killers and/or analgesia.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah