Getting fever, severe pain in legs and back, headache and dizziness. Looking for treatment

My daughter 21, started 24 hrs ago with severe pain behind her knee going up and down her leg and eventually both legs and pain up in her back. She also had a bad headache and dizziness. The urgent care did not test this morning, just gave her Motrin and Lortab. This afternoon she had started with fever and bad chills, worsening headache and nausea and of course the other symptoms. Should she go back to a doctor or just continuing Motrin? What would cause this. She lives in Jacksonville and I am 6 hours away.
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Your daughter is likely to be suffering from a viral infection. This can lead to bodyaches, chills and fatigue. The following things should make her feel better:
a. Continue taking motrin as advised to her round the clock after meals. This will relieve the chilly feeling and fatigue.
b. Take a hot water shower and drink plenty of warm fluids.
c. Eat small, home cooked meals at regular intervals. Also, drink atleast 2-3 litres of lukewarm water in a day. This should help take care of the shakiness.
d. Simply rest for 1-2 days and she should be good.
In case the symptoms persist, then consulting a physician will be helpful.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.