Frequent urination in child. Using moxeza for pink eye. Cause and cure?

My 3 year old son has been urinating this evening, hourly. Our daycare provider mentioned that he had been going often today, as well. He doesn't seem to have any other symptoms and isn't drinking any more than usual. What else should we be looking for, or how long do we observe this before we decide to schedule a visit with his pediatrician? I may need to add that he's been out of daycare for the past couple days with pink eye and has been using Moxeza. ?
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sudha Shree Venkataraman 32 minutes later

Most common cause of increased urination is increased water and fluid intake, as you already know.
If external temperature is less i.e. in winter season, urinary frequency will be more even with consumption of normal quantities of water.

However if there is a sudden increase in urinary frequency- one has to rule out urinary infection.
Urinary infection usually presents with fever, pain while passing urine, increased frequency of urination etc.

You may wait for a day or two.
If the problem persists, it would be better to see your Pediatrician and have basic investigations done such as Urine Microscopy. Based on this, your Doctor will guide you further.

However if he develops fever, cries while passing urine, very cranky or complaints of tummy pain, it would be better to have the Pediatrician`s appointment at the earliest.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to get back with further queries. I will be happy to help you.

Best wishes.