Ask a Urologist   »  

Why am I having bladder pain even after urination?

When I press my bladder it pains and it pains even after I finish urination and feels like still wanted to go to toilet. Fells constantly like urine is there. I had cistocopy 2 months ago and the doctor was saying my blader neck was narrower than normal. Other than that there was nothing found. But had not had like this before. Had more urination than normal before but not like now. Not taking any medication. I am male 29 years At the moment I am in constant pain feeling like urine is full in bladder but it is not.
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: A Urodynamic evaluation is the best option Detailed Answer: Hi, I see no reason why you should not try drugs like Tosolin - there is a good chance that your symptoms could improve. However, if you are not keen on taking medication and are intent on knowing if there is a major problem, I recommend that you get a study called urodynamics - this would give an indicator of the pressure in the bladder and also tells us if you are exerting any abdominal pressure while voiding. This should not be done if you are taking drugs like Tosolin which can cause erroneous results at the time of testing. This could be important if you have very high pressures in bladder which might even be XXXXXXX to the kidneys in future. This information cannot be obtained by cystoscopy which is what you have undergone earlier. A recording of the muscle activity of your sphincters (EMG) will also be usually done at the same sitting, and this will also let us know if there is any 'dyssynergia' i.e. an incoordination between bladder and sphincter which might explain why graph was up and down instead of being smooth. The actual treatment would depend on what has been detected on the urodynamic evaluation. Hope I have been able to help you.