Ask a Urologist   »  

Have urine leakage problem. How to get rid of this?

Jul 2016

I have developed a problem releasing too much urine during the night. I wear the most absorbent pad I can find but I still cannot make it to the bathroom on arising in the morning without an accident. I do not take any medication for OAB because my doctor has said in the past that the results from the medicine are usually worse than the help.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Symptoms could be due to Urethral Stenosis. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have increased frequency of urination particularly at night. Most likely this could be either due to what is called as Urethral Stenosis which is very common in females at this age,There is a generalised atrophy of all the genital organs and urethra a after the menopause due to hormonal deficiency that resuts in to narrowing of urethral passage there by causing incomplete emptying of bladder giving rise to increased frequency of urination. Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical evaluation.He may do endoscopic examination of bladder (Cystoscopy) and calibrate your urethra .This will help you to dilate the urethra and thereby complete emptying of the bladder. In the mean while take urinary antispasmodic like Tolturadine once daily to reduce spasm of the bladder. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: Have urine leakage problem. How to get rid of this? 1 hour later
Is Tolturadine a prescription drug or over the counter drug?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Brief Answer: It is scheduled drug and needs prescription. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up.Tolturadine is a scheduled drug and available only onprescription of a qualified Physician. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.