Flaccid bowel having more flaccid. Decreased bowel movements. Drinking lemon water. Cure?

Well my long time flaccid bowel had gotten noticeably much more flaccid and bowel movements have decreased to nearly none. This morning it took using a massager, drinking hot lemon water, 1 hot tea, knee bends, and finally after three hours voila! I hadn't gone in a whole week. Usually, my bowels move normally every three/four days. (I still think that might be a bit long)
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take psyllium fibres, lubipristoe and a laxative

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). I hope presently your thyroid profile is normal with thyroxine and if it is not then do it.

1.Take high fiber diet (psyllium fibers) and lots of liquid in your diet
2.Take triphala powder one teaspoon with warm water or for better result mix it with honey and take it at time of sleep at night and one teaspoon in early morning empty stomach. I found it very useful in in many of my patients with constipation
3. Take meals at least 2 hours before going to bed.
4. Take lots of fruits and vegetables daily
5. Add condiments like jeera, haldi and ajwain in your diet as these all help in digestion
6. take laxative like syrup cremaffin plus which is a combination of sodium picosulphate, milk of magnesia, and liquid paraffin
7. Another drug that I found useful in many of my patients is lubipristone 25 microgram twice a day. Since it takes time up to 2 weeks to act so meanwhile you may follow above advise.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.