Fell down flat on face. Bruise appeared on knees and shins. Having tingling sensation in arm. Any cure?

I fell 6 days ago, tripped over a manhole cover and fell literally flat on my face! Bruised knees and shins of course, but the brunt of the fall appears to have been taken by my left side breast which is now very sore, the pain is constant and continues under my left arm, sometime I'm feeling a tingling sensation in my left arm/hand as well. It hurts a little more to take a XXXXXXX breath, paracetamol/ibuprofen gel are not relieving the pain.
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 10 minutes later
Your breast has possibly done a great job for you, breast is mostly fat and has acted as a cushion to absorb the effect of the impact, but it may have got itself injured in the process- there may be a hematoma.
Other important injury possible is fracture of the ribs in the impact area. At times it can lead to escape of air in pleural space to cause a pneumothorax.
If simple pain killer are not helping then the possibility of such injuries are more.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.