Experiencing pain in left kidney area, left hand and left part of neck. Feeling pain while laughing. Advise?

From last one day, i have been experiencing pain in my left kidney area. That morning i woke up with some pain in my left hand, left part of neck and kidney area. Pain in other area went away by that evening but pain in kidney area is still there. I only experience pain when i try laugh loudly or put some pressure on left side of the body. This might be because of uncomfortable position while sleeping but still i would some advice.
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can try topical analgesic agents...

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for sharing your concerns here,

Yes, the pain spread across the left side of the body seems to be due to muscular in nature - due to inappropriate posture. And such pains are not very concerning.

However I would like you to watch the progress of symptoms. You will need to get back to us or your local doctor if pain worsens or if you develop fresh symptoms such as fever, difficulty passing urine, increased urination with or without burning sensation or any other unusual symptoms - generalised tiredness / weakness / appetite changes.

If the pain is hurting you now, you can try topical antiinflammatory agents and heat compresses. I suggest volini gel/spray to my patients with similar localised pain. Relaxyl is an alternative brand you can ask for. Sleep upright on a firm mattress and avoid physical exertion.

Hope this helps you on your way to faster recovery. Let me know if you need further assistance.