Down with fever, cold and dry cough. Prescribed montek. Given antibiotics azythromycin. Doing steam inhalation and salt water gargling

Question

i was down with fever and cold and dry cough about a month ago and was treated with antbiotics amoxycillin. After the antibiotic course i was again down with runny nose and dry cough without fever or sore throat. I was given montek lc for 10 days. But two days ago i had a very bad sore throat with the dry cough and was given another round of antibiotics azythromycin along with broncorex for the cough.Although the sore throat seems to have settled down i am having dry cough which is very bad and giving me sleepless nights. My blood report about one month ago came clear(CBC report). I am doing steam inhalation and salt water gargling.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Allergic bronchitis, continue with montec lc

Detailed Answer:
Hi, XXXXX,
Thanks for posting query.
From history it seems that you might be having Allergic bronchitis.
As your blood report is normal and still having coughing without having fever indicates allergic nature.
Continue with tablet Montec lc for about one month will give complete relief.
Even with other infection cough remains for longer period after acute infection subsides.
Continue with cough syrup to get symptomatic relief.
Go for deep breathing exercise.
Avoid cold drinks and junk food.
I hope, I answered your query.
If you have further query or clarification, please write back.
Ok and take care.

Follow-up: Down with fever, cold and dry cough. Prescribed montek. Given antibiotics azythromycin. Doing steam inhalation and salt water gargling 57 minutes later
Is there any other cough syrup that you suggest because broncorex is not giving me any relief and i am coughing day and night.

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Have Astharex cough syrup, Montec lc will work

Detailed Answer:
Hi, XXXXX,
Thanks for writing back.
You can take another cough syrup named Astharex cough syrup.
Both containing Terbutaline which gives broncho dilatation giving rise to easy breathing and easy expectoration.
Montec lc will give relief from cough bouts as well.
For having non productive cough Corex cough syrup is available but only available on doctor's prescription.
Now If you do not have any further query or clarification, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Ok and take care.